Dear Camp Family:
Holiday Hill Day Camp will open its sixty-first season on June 22nd! Families have asked many questions as to how we plan to do it and whether or not they will be safe sending their children to camp this summer. We are confident that with the cooperation of parents and guardians we can bring our campers together again.
Here's a some of what we are doing to prepare to serve our families safely this summer:
- Carefully gleaning all the guidance relevant to day camp operations contained in the Camp Operations Field Guide published just days ago by the American Camp Association and Y-USA. Developed by an independent expert panel coordinated by Environmental Health & Engineering, Inc., a Boston-based consulting firm specializing in environmental health, the document continues to evolve daily as new ideas and knowledge develop.
- Making changes to our physical plant including auxiliary handwashing and hand-sanitizing stations at every activity area and modifying our cabin buildings to give each group a separate indoor space to lower the risk of spreading airborne diseases.
- Planning program protocols to abide by safe distancing and group-size guidance.
- Training staff on how to implement healthy-camp protocols while maintaining the positive energy and fun that campers need after months of isolation.
- Implementing enhanced daily cleaning and sanitizing routines throughout the camp.
- Developing pick up and drop off procedures that include daily health screening for campers and staff
We embrace this challenge and appreciate the support expressed by so many of our camp families. It has not been easy for any of us these past months, and has been especially hard on young people. We want to ease our campers—your children—back into a summertime of healthy socialization, fresh air, fun, and friendship. We cherish our partnership with parents to achieve these goals. Watch for our communications in the days ahead as we prepare for summer 2020. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Dudley and Wendy Hamlin